...What country is this, again? I don't recognize us, after one *week* of Trump 2.0.
I can hardly imagine this getting worse, but I know it will. In one short week, the felonious trump has managed to make the United States of America a pariah to our former allies, and pissed off the few we still have. I knew he was insane, but come on...
He's gutted the Justice Department, got a totally incompetent Secretary of Defense confirmed, turned the Immigration Department into jack-booted thugs that are taking children from their schools, raiding private homes without warrants, taking people that *appear* to be immigrants from their workplaces, and putting them on military planes at an insane cost of $800K+ to fly 80 to a country they didn't immigrate from.
This is becoming 1933 Germany, without the camps and ovens. I never dreamed I would see my country devolve to this. It breaks my heart. And, it's just beginning. Immigrants are his target now. Who's next, after he and his degenerates are finished with the trans community? I know that my group number is coming up: the LGBTQ community. Then, God only knows. I know the Social Security check that is my only income will be whittled away to nothing in short order. My Medicare insurance that keeps me alive will disappear, and shortly after that, homelessness will visit my home.
I keep thinking "if we make it to the mid-terms, we can vote the bastards in the House and the Senate out, and contain some of his madness." I am beginning to think that's a pipe-dream. If he can get all this done in a week, there won't be anything left of us in two years.
Please, tell me that I'm wrong...

No comments:
Post a Comment